Further proof that if you want your kid to like something talk about it in a positive excited tone for weeks then make it happen. For example, I cleaned out the kids drawers getting rid of all the under 2T stuff of Ben's and pretty much all of Emma's summer stuff (she certainly won't fit into it next summer and it is useless to us now that the 50's are upon us). Emma kept asking me, "What are you doin', Mom?" And I told her I was taking her old clothes and getting ready to give them to other kids to wear. She wasn't too keen on losing her favorite shirt until she found out she could get new clothes for herself. (And by "new" I mean "new to her".) You see, I've become a thrift store junkie. (The thrift stores here are so much nicer than what I am used to in LA. And the clientele makes for some GOOD people watching!)
Yesterday I scored 3 pairs of jeans for the kids and 2 pair for myself for a total of $17, all 5 pairs look like they have been worn maybe twice, if that! We dropped off all the bags I had and Emma said, "Are the odder kids gonna wear my clothes now and I can wear their clothes?" Yep! "Hooray! Let's go get some to share." It was a very sweet moment.
Emma has a birthday party at a Tae Kwan Do joint this afternoon. Should make for some interesting stories...
No comments:
Post a Comment