Monday, December 14, 2020

December week 2

December is flying by in the bungalow. We got this cute quarantine ornament from our leadership, Jaime and Shawn. As wacky as this year has been, it is not one I want to forget at all. We've learned a lot about ourselves and the old way of doing "life". I'm excited to put that growth to the test in 2021!

Since I don't get out of the house much these days, running has been my "me" time. I'm grateful the kiddos are old enough that I feel comfortable to leave them home alone for long stretches of time. I go to the office twice a week now and try to run at least 3-4 times a week. I've put in almost 300 miles since August 1st. That never would have happened if I didn't challenge myself with virtual races!


I love turning on the lights every afternoon and watching them develop into this prettiness as the sun sets. The led lights around the windows are my favorite new toy! 


We've been blowing through all the Christmas movies netflex has to offer.... We also watch standard Christmas classics like this movie from our own collection! :)


I'm worried about running with Phoebe for long distances as she pulls so much on the harness so I have taken to just throwing these red balls around the back yard and having her sprint after them. After about 15 minutes of sprinting, she plops down and gives me this look. 


Phoebe is the only one who helps me clean up after dinner. LOL. She tries to lick the plates clean after I rinse them to get any leftovers I may have missed...

Last night her collar got stuck on the basket and she jumped back taking the entire rack full of dishes with her. Scared the crap out of her and the rest of us! It was quite the calamity.

LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing Emma pick up the guitar and teach herself some chords. Youtube is a big help w tutorial videos. She has such a great ear - her perfect pitch is certainly a big part of her speedy learning process...

FB brought up this memory the other day... I love seeing them so scared when they were young and how year after year they got a little more comfortable. 

Daddy was painting our new office on Sunday morning so I took the kids out shopping to get Daddy some presents. They did pretty good (ie didn't complain) so we grabbed a donut after our final store... YUM.


Phoebe was cranky she couldn't have a bite...
Last night's dinner was courtesy of all my electric cooking appliances... Rice in the rice steamer. Sausages on the George Forman Grill and stir fried veggies using the saute feature on the Instant Pot. Absolutely yummy and always a crowd favorite.
We couldn't find anything to watch online last night so we pulled from our library again and watched Home Alone. :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment