Wednesday, December 16, 2015

What's a telephone?

I got the dreaded call for the 2nd time this week from the school nurse. Ben was back in her office, this time with a deep gnarley cough that was disrupting the class. They are not allowed to administer meds anymore and I was 30 minutes away at the office. I asked the nurse what she could do and she said they can give him water, let him relax, then send him back to class. I agreed that was a great solution. She asked me if I wanted to talk to Ben. I said, "Sure!"

There was a long pause as she handed the phone to him before he spoke and I could hear her instructing him on HOW TO USE A PHONE. 

You see, we haven't had a home phone line in over 8 years. My kids have never used a landline. They only know cell phones and then we use them on speaker so they don't have to hold them up to their ears!

Ben truly had no clue how to use the landline. Afterwards I explained that to the nurse and she (at about age 70) got a good laugh as she had never encountered a kid who didn't know how to use a phone. #firstworldproblems

No comments:

Post a Comment