 |
| Maritime Master |
We survived Winter break and the kids had a good week back at school. Amazingly, we had four days of no delays or school cancelled in a row. They are still stir crazy from being cooped up in the Penthouse so we have been spending a lot of time at the Maritime Explorium. That membership has surely paid for itself! It is now my birthday present go to place - they sell day passes for $5 (I give two) which is better than a crappy toy for $10 (my limit!) - so kids can get out and about on us for an afternoon of fun!
I tried Rach*el Ray's two ingredient pizza dough last week - cauliflower and eggs - I thought it was very tasty, my family? NOT SO MUCH.
 |
| Look at that expression - and this kid will eat anything! Oh, well, more for me! |
Gramma Lou came to the island for the weekend to hang out. YAY! She was put on kid-taxi duty Saturday while we were at the office... Thanks, Gramma!
 |
| Engrossed in her story. |
Last Sunday was a tad bit warmer so we went for a hike along the beach. It was just what my soul needed. Ben kept asking, "Why do we have to go on such a LONG walk?" We found tons of cool shells and oysters and ocean goodies. Once we move, we will be walking distance to this beach (20 minutes) - it's all downhill to the beach and a nice hearty uphill on the way home. I love a good hill walk, the kiddos, not so much - will the red wagon get more use this year? Possibly.
 |
| Sunday morning workout. |
So I bit the bullet and got a crate for Dodo. Guess what? HE LOVES IT. I am absolutely stabbing myself in the eye over all the stress this dog has caused me the past four years with his separation anxiety. Why didn't I buy this four years ago???? The crate also makes a great time out spot for the kids. Oh, wait, no it doesn't as they think it is fun to play in it. Sheesh.
 |
| Ben wants us to add wheels so we can pull Dodo around in it. |
After school Thursday I noticed Ben had a little blood on his forehead. I lifted his hair an noticed this gash on the side of his head! Ben, buddy, what happened? Does it hurt? "No, Mom, I needed a tissue and no one heard me so I put there." Wait, what? That's right - not a gash at all, just storage for his bloody booger. ZOINKS!
 |
| I have no words... At least he didn't wipe it on the carpet? |
We were back at the explorium yesterday afternoon celebrating Dr Suess. We got our hands nice and slimy making "Oobleck".
 |
| More ended up on his shirt than in the bowl - and his hands are stained blue from the dye. HA! |
Who knew that mini marshmallows and toothpicks can quiet the children for a good 20 minutes.
 |
| Must go to the supermarket! |
I'm not buying any more toys for Ben. He got a cool marble run for Christmas and this awesome Gears set, etc etc, but what does he play with? The duplos and wood blocks we have had for 6 years...
 |
| But, Ma, I make cool creations! |
No comments:
Post a Comment