Sunday, March 9, 2014

Two weeks?

Wow. How has two weeks passed since I blogged? We've been keeping busy. I've packed a lot of the rarely used items for the move. Now I just want to donate them to some needy organization because, really, I am excited to simplify - and rarely used are just that, rarely used! But alas, I will bring them and find a new space for them in my giant big bungalow. (At least that is the way it is going to feel compared to the penthouse.) The family moved out over the weekend, so we went spying through the windows to refresh our memory as to the space. SEVEN more days and we should be able to get inside and get to work making it our own. Waiting is the hardest part!

We got a break in the weather this weekend. A lot of the snow melted off and the ground is muddying up. It's supposed to be in the high 40s / low 50s all week until Thursday - which is supposed to be 27 and snow! Zoinks. We busted out the waffle maker last weekend for a cold Sunday morning treat...
Hit the spot!
I'm trying to pack and Em keeps stealing my boxes to create projects. Behold her rocket ship, complete with a finger knit seat belt for safety.
Captain Emma, at your service? Where to? Mars? Let's go!
We've been doing a lot of praying for this handsome fella. He's feeling good but not too pleased with the news that he has to do another 6 months of aggressive chemo. We are looking forward to seeing him next month when he returns from Florida.
Kick it's ass, Grandpa!
Ben walking across a tightrope - and this kid qualified for physical therapy!
He's ready for the circus.
Our elementary school has a full size pool that opens it's doors on Monday and Wednesday evenings for family swim. Em's been bugging me to go, and we finally made it last Wed. Guess what? It was awesome! How have we never done this in 3 1/2 years??? (Gramma Lou - bring your swimsuit! and a towel! All our beach towels are packed and we had to share one towel between the three of us.)
We survived family swim.
I finally used my gift card from Christmas at the shoe store. I got fancy heels for work and have yet to wear them because I can't get them off Em's feet...
Mom, can you buy me shoes just like this?
Daddy had a birthday yesterday! The kids made cards for him and Ben wrapped up some legos with some "instructions" on how to build a plane. It was adorable.
Just say no to clutter in the bungalow!
What is it? What is it?
Only the declaration of Independence!
We pawned the kids off on our pals and did a little of this:
Yes, please! Happy Birthday, Daddy!
It's birthday party weekend - 3 yesterday and one today. I'm exhausted!
I'm not tired! But I am only 5. Maybe you shouldn't have waited so long to have babies old lady!
Time for a nap!
Em and her pal, Abigail.

No comments:

Post a Comment