Friday, April 26, 2013

While I was away...

I needed to do some work in my old hood Monday and Tuesday so Mr Mom took over and did an excellent job. For some reason the kids forget how to sleep through the night when I am away. Poor Daddy is sleep deprived and in need of a good sleeping in.

As Ben's time with the iPad is limited, we need to entertain him the good old fashioned way or he non-stop asks to use it. This morning after Daddy left for the office he came up to me and whispered, "Hey, Mom, daddy's gone to the office. Can I play with the iPad now so he can't say no?" HAHAHA!

My favorite wooden game is called Chickyboom. You stack wooden hay barrels and wagon wheels and purple chickens on a perch and then remove them one by one trying to maintain balance on the perch. It is a game that we can play for a good 20 minutes before Ben gets bored.

Daddy shaved my head, aren't I cute?

Last week I watched the neighbor kids while the mama ran an errand. Look at the goodness below. This is Em reading to Jane. Reading for real! And Jane enjoying the attention.
A princess loves to read!
While I was away, Daddy got to enjoy "books and blankets" with the kids in the Kindergarten class. They were supposed to be outside but it was cold and windy, so they holed up in a corner and read a ton of books to each other. I especially love that Ben is now getting in on the action. He has the books memorized and "reads" them often. I love walking into his room and catching him in the act!

Happy family.
Holy guacamole! It was next to impossible to choose which preschool pic we wanted for the wall. I will leave this picture extra large so you can see the goodness.

I spent the morning at Stat Health w Emma yesterday. Strep throat and double ear infection. Boo! We made it through the whole Winter unscathed and now this! We used a warm mist humidifier in their room all Winter. I put it away last week and then she gets sick. Coincidence???

My mucus membranes are dry, mama.
Here is my bestie's baby. Ooooooohhhh, the cuteness. Once again, I am pretty sure I gave her about 157,000 smooches while I held her. Babies are so delicious - especially the ones you can hand over at the end of the day.

My kitchen is CLOSED.

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are so cute and you look fantastic too. Ill have to look into that game....ah the iPad! Our nemesis and BFF!

    ReplyDelete