I've been challenging Ben to build "awesome tracks" daily to occupy his mind so he isn't asking for bad piggies or angry birds. It works for about 39 seconds then he is back to the birds. I listed the train table (tracks and bridges not included) on craigslist two weeks ago and have gotten absolutely no response. I miss the days of Craigslist LA when I would list something and see it purchased within hours and taken away!
 |
| Fine, I built a cool track. Now can I play with the iPad? |
Em has been flip flopping her numbers and letters for a while now. I wasn't at all concerned until she made the following card for her friend's birthday. Daddy told her she flip flopped the letters AND sentences and suggested she make another card. She happily did... And wrote it the EXACT same way. I again wasn't concerned until she asked me, "Did I do it right this time?" The fact that she had to ask concerns me, but I'm not making a big deal of it in front of her yet. Most parents with older children I ask say it is a perfectly normal stage to go through... I just may pass this pic to her teacher though and see what she says.
 |
| Bouncy party with her pal, Anna. |
We made it to Rocketship park on Sunday afternoon for an hour. It was an awesome afternoon of sunshine. I even went so far as to bring a book - which I did not crack open because there were a lot of bigger kids there and I needed to make sure they were playing fair with the littler ones - they did - but had they not been there I think I could have ACTUALLY read a page or two. These kids have absolutely no fear of any of the apparatuses anymore and don't "need" me every 6 seconds to help them on a ladder. Ben was sporting his new buzz cut a la barber daddy...
 |
| Sit down and relax, Ma! |
The Kindergarten class went to the planetarium for their field trip today. I was lucky enough to chaperone the trip and was cracking up at the noisy kids on the bus. It was an hour ride each way for a 45 minute show! but they had a blast and that is what matters. (The show was great, by the way...) I once again had my socks knocked off at the knowledge level of the kids. They knew so many details about the solar system - once again proving that our little village's school district was awarded #2 in all of Suffolk and 96th in the country for a reason. The teachers make it fun and the kids LEARN, learn, learn.
 |
| She stayed awake, I may have dozed for 3 or 4 minutes. Ssshhhh, don't tell anyone! |
This picture is a hoot. I wish I could zoom in and sharpen it!
 |
| Em is to the right of the kid with the dark glasses. |
No comments:
Post a Comment