Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pic post

Our life in the Penthouse:

With my beloved Eastern Standard Time in full force, our schedule has shifted a bit around the penthouse. The sun is setting by the time Emma gets off the bus at 4:00 and due to the fact that she barely eats anything for breakfast and then talks too much at lunch to finish her food in the allotted time, she is ravenous and we end up eating dinner by 4:30-5:00 - talk about an early bird special!

Yesterday while I was making dinner the kids entertained themselves with a game of Thomas tennis. (If only you could see the surface of my beloved dining room table - it is in serious need of a resurfacing, but what's the point, really... Maybe when Ben goes off to college?) They used our giant candle (which got some serious use the past two weeks!) as the net and Ben's Thomas that they basically just threw at each other across the table. And I let them do it (good parenting, eh?) because they were having so much FUN.

What can we learn from this picture?
1) The crooked pictures on the walls might lead one to believe Hurricane Sandy came through our house made of bricks.
2) Emma is sitting in Ben's booster chair that he doesn't really need but I refuse to get rid of because I can "lock" him at the table when he is being difficult - which is each and every single dinner occasion.
3) The dog under the table continues to drive me batty. He has separation anxiety when we are not home and trashes the place.
4) Emma made the crown she is wearing on a playdate the other day and has worn it consistently since I picked her up.
5) The rocking chair in the corner doesn't get any use. Seriously, I haven't used it since I nursed Emma. (Look closely! The nursing stool stills takes its place a the foot of the rocker.) I don't know why I can't seem to let it go. It is a beautiful oldschool wooden rocker - maybe when we move into a larger space with a library in it, I'll gravitate back to it.
6) The ledge of the window is our "catchall" space - keys, wallets, change, biz cards, pens, etc. It drives me crazy to see clutter there, yet I still seem to be the major offender of the clutter!
7) The window art on the bottom right of the window was meant for our neighbors. We made it for Henry and Jane about three weeks ago. Their door is about a 21 second walk from ours... Maybe we can get them to the kids by Christmas.
8) The Chinese Lantern reflecting in the window is probably the best 6.99 I have ever spent. It gives off the perfect about of light lightly muted from the paper covering. Ahhhh, the little things.
Table tennis, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment