Ben has caught the first real cold of the season. He is sneezing up a storm and hacking like crazy. He refuses medicine but will let me rub Vicks on his feet at night ("Hee hee hee, it tickles, Mama!"). He has been kind enough to share it with me - my nose has been running all day and my throat is scratchy. I think I'm going to hit the hay early tonight and try to sleep this one off as this upcoming week is BUSY.
The kids and I went to Daddy's childhood best friend's baby blessing yesterday. It was at the Old Field Club over by the beach - it was a gorgeous day and we had tons of fun. The DJ was basically instructed to "keep the kids busy and happy" giving us parents plenty of time to relax and socialize - that is unless you have a Ben who has zero desire to play musical chairs and the such. Thank goodness I allowed him to bring a train and his new troublesome truck (Thanks, Henry!) because he loaded and unload that thing with all kinds of goodies and played the afternoon away solo.
I wanted to go the bank in port Friday before Ben's library class but it is still closed. They had a lot of flooding and I guess they are still drying out. So, we went to the next best place, Dunkin Donuts next door and Ben had a treat while Mommy splurged on a coffee. He ate every last morsel of that dang donut, too - tis a shame they don't puree spinach and hide it in the cake. COME ON!! They would triple their business because Moms would not feel so bad about going there often!
While Mama was feeling out of it this morning, Emma painted a birthday picture for Aunt Lisa. Why is it so hard to get the girl to smile normally?
The last picture was our home by 8:23am this morning. Hurricane Ben.
 |
| She really did have a good time. This pic makes her look bored! |
 |
| Why you always gotta take a pic of me, Ma? |
 |
| Our homemade card. |
 |
| ...before she dumped the paint on the carpet... |
 |
| Who needs Santa? |
No comments:
Post a Comment