This blog is now 3 years and 5 months strong. I'd like to take a moment to thank you - dear readers - (all 17 of you) for loving the Batter Baby Bunch enough to check in from time to time to see what we are up to. As I look over my yearly blog books I have realized that I have become less talk more pictures. But, as we all know, pictures are worth a 1000 words - so I am not feeling lazy or guilty, I am simply TIRED!
Yes, Rooster Ben continues to rise with the sun. That means at 4:45pm I must hold vigil over him to stay awake enough to eat dinner. Tonight while slaving away in the kitchen, I peeked into the living room and saw him laying ever so relaxedly on the floor and I literally screamed, "BEN! WAKE UP! WAKE UP, BUDDY!" It did the trick and he actually ate about 100 calories worth of dinner until he asked for milk which is the killer of all things caloric when it comes to this kid. *sigh*
Anywhooo, I need to catch up on the cuteness that is our kids so tonight's jibber jabber is just that. If I repeat myself, that is only because I think it was funny enough to bare repeating - not because I am losing my mind. (Plus FB and Twit*er confuse me - did I blog it? or just FB it? Aaaaaack, social media...)
On May 14th while suffering from the plague, I was given a watermelon. Emma LOVES to help me in the kitchen and offered to help me chop it up for consumption with, "Can I eat it like a real person?" meaning can I eat it in slivers not chopped up into chunks like for a little kid. HA!
On May 16th, whilst I was still under the influence of the plague, Benny fell down about half of the steps that lead from the penthouse to the ground floor. He was / is perfectly fine, but I am still leery of him walking up and down the steps. Yesterday I said to him, "Benny, be careful, go slow." He turned to me and said, "MOM! I am not gonna fall down the steps again," in his most 'have a little more confidence in me, lady' voice.
On May 25th, Emma - making every excuse out there not to fall asleep - was caught out of her bed and therefore in trouble. Her response, "I put socks on Ben because his feet were cold!!" I looked at a sleeping Ben and low and behold, the kid had socks on him. Our nurturing little girl...
On May 31st, I was at the drive thru ATM and Ben requested "Chicken Nuggets" as if we were at Wendy's...
On June 1st, Emma had a absolute breakdown (and does so often if I have no answer for her constant social calendar questions) "I REALLY REALLY need to know what our plan is on Tuesday!"
On June 8th we went to Rocketship park - our old haunt that we have been neglecting this past year. Em ran into a kid in the other preK class that she knows and the two played the afternoon away. At one point while I was digging in the sand with Benny, I glanced over at her. She was swinging on the swing and the little boy was pushing her. It was beyond adorable and I was annoyed I didn't have a camera to catch the moment!
On June 13th, while I was getting gas, Emma queried me, "Why is it called a gas STATION?" meaning gas is for sale, it should be a gas STORE, as opposed to a fire station or a police station. You know what kid, you have a great point! Who do we need to write a letter to?
If you are wondering how I know the dates on all this goodness, I can be found on Twit*er - batterbabybunch - it's where I tweet all the random stuff so I can remember to someday blog about it and not forget about it which is what happens too much of the time.
Last night I wrote: "I possibly fall more in love w my hubby every night at midnight when he
delicately plucks our children from bed and makes them sleep pee." Meaning, Em is on the top bunk and weighs in at 55 lbs. There is no way I can remove her deep sleep body from the bed and get her to pee. Big strong Daddy to the rescue. I LOVE how he whispers to her his actions and how she responds to his nurturing then falls right back to sleep. Thanks, Daddy - I love you more than this blog can say.
Lastly, today's awesomeness. There are 4 more days of school until SUMMER! This morning when I dropped Emma off at school as bad timing would have it, a parent was turning to go back to their car but not looking where they were going (looking back and waving at their kid instead), crashed into Emma and sent her crashing to the ground ripping her leggings, skinning her knee and scraping up her hands all owie like. She put on a brave face until I gathered her into my arms. She burst into tears crying, "Mommy, ouchie!" It wrenched my heart knowing it was half "ouchie" and half embarrassment knowing all her classmates saw her fall. Luckily they are still at the age where seeing a classmate fall brings out the caring, "Are you OK?" side of them vs laughing at her misfortune. May she remember this time and pay it forward in the future...
Then, I got home from school and headed into the kitchen to empty the dishwasher and clean up the breakfast dishes. Ben wandered into the kitchen and said, "Come on, Mom. You're my favorite friend. Come build train tracks with me." How can you NOT stop what you are doing and plop on the floor and construct the curviest track ever after that request?
Finally this afternoon we were in Bug Catcher mode with our neighbor pal, Henry. At one point Em picked up an ant (after catching a worm, a spider, a roly poly, etc with her bare fingers) and as she was placing it into the jar it wiggled free dropping onto her arm. She let out a little scream exclaiming, "IT SCARED ME OUT THE CRAP!"
Love all of these!! You got some funny/smart kids on your hands and I love them!!
ReplyDelete