Friday, June 22, 2012

1st day of vacation

Our first day of Summer vacation brought us 96˚ temps and tons of humidity so we headed to the beach with a great group of kiddos (13 in all) and 6 fun mamas. Emma's confidence in the water has tripled since last Summer. She was up to her neck in the ocean jumping around and not once showed any signs of fear. She still won't willingly go under water, my guess is by the end of swimming lessons this Summer, she'll conquer that fear, too.

Ben fell asleep in the car as we pulled into the beach parking lot. I transferred him into the umbrella stroller and carried the stroller over the sand and rocks to the shore - he did not even stir! We set up the umbrella to shade him and he snoozed for a good 90 minutes before I purposely woke him up to enjoy the water. Thankfully he is a good waker upper, and after just a few minutes bee lined for fun in the water.

The afternoon was awesome. The return home and subsequent baths and desandification was not - never is. I had to seriously convince myself after an hour of whines and cries that the beach is worth it. The fun is worth the after pains...
I have fancy cameras and the ONLY one I use is my iPhone. OI!
Afternoon snoozes - isn't that what vacation is for?

No comments:

Post a Comment