Saturday, January 21, 2012

Presents!

We woke up this morning to a Winter wonderland. It continued to snow most of the day and we ended up with about 6 inches. Emma noticed it first and wanted to get outside to play before she even had breakfast! Ben was nonchalant until Emma mentioned he could go outside and build a "Snow Duck" (imitating a Peep episode), then he wouldn't shut up about going outside either!

The challenge of the morning though was getting our now 3 year old to put on boots and snow pants and a coat and mittens and a hat. He wanted none of it! He kept slapping his chest hollering between tears, "No! No, Mommy! Just shirt, just pants. No coat. No boots. Wear brown shoes!" etc. I finally got them all geared up and outside. The mittens did not last, but at least he kept the hat on!

After lunch, we headed down the street to the high school for a trial run of our new sleds, a Christmas present from Gramma Lou.  I am happy to report they work awesomely - both kids were going down the hill solo by the end of our session. (He even kept his mittens on for this event!) After every run Ben would yell, "I did it! It was fun!"

Happiness is...
We had an early dinner of our favorite pizza - something I knew he would actually eat before gorging himself on cake - and gorging he did!! (click to enlarge:)

Forks schmorks!
If you have 63 seconds and want to watch him in action, I uploaded a short video to my youtube account:  http://youtu.be/hxrRg6cmPLA


No comments:

Post a Comment