Monday, January 23, 2012

The Chronicles of OPT Ben, day 2

7:00am Ben comes into our room and demands, "Mom, change my diaper!"
7:01  I am confronted with a giant poopy diaper. 
7:03 Ben is all cleaned up and ready to start Day 2 of OPT Ben. (If you have no clue what I am talking about, scroll down and read first.)

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed with the poopy diaper. I was really hoping to get the chance to challenge him to do his #2 business on the potty today. Oh well, there is always tomorrow. Oh, and the next day. Oh, and the rest of his life! (Hopefully it won't take THAT long!)

The good news is he was a super potty pee-er all day! He even told us a few times, "Go pee pee. Go pee pee on potty." Then would run over to the kiddie potty and stand over it. (Now if we could just work on his aim... Needless to say the Bissel steamer is standing by!)

I am still keeping him pants/underwear-less around the house. I truly think that is the key. When we went to pick up Em from school I took a chance and did NOT put a pull up on him for the 15 minute time away from the house. He did great, no accidents!

Then around 2pm I noticed his cough was getting a bit heartier and his nose was starting to run pretty bad. By 3:30, his eyes were glazing over and I felt his head - yep, a fever, so I diapered him up for the hour that we would be at Em's ballet class. He fell asleep in the car and stayed that way the entire class. When we got home I could tell he was miserable. I changed a wet diaper and asked him if he needed to use the potty. He got very upset and asked for a new diaper - I obliged knowing how crappy he was feeling with a 101 fever. He didn't want any dinner, but did drink a big milk before bed. I Vick's-ed his feet and he is sleeping soundly now. Fingers crossed whatever is attacking his immune system will be outed by the morning and we can start OPT Ben Day 3 fresh and ready!

Ben-ism of the day: Ben sneezed twice. I only said, "Bless you," once. Ben chastises me with, "NEEDS 2 BLESS YOU, MOMMY!"

Emma-ism of the other day: This elephant girl never forgets. Whenever we visit Grandpop in FL, he always tells her he is going to buy her a car when she is 16. Randomly while driving home from school the other day, she announced, "When I grow up, Grandpop is going to buy me a car. A red one. With 4 doors." Hope you are saving your pennies, Grandpop!!

No comments:

Post a Comment