Monday, December 12, 2011

Snip its...

Last week while I was away, Daddy was watching "some princess" movie with Emma and when it was finished, Emma asked him, "Did you like the kissing part?" My guess is that because Daddy is not shy with his affection for me and vice versa, she constantly encounters our smooches - i.e. "Did you like the kissing part?"

Benjamin LOVES the library. He has a class every Friday from 10-11 while Em is in school. If we happen to drive by the library on another day and not stop, he always requests, "Mommy, stop library! Back up! Back up, Mommy. Go library!"

The other morning I dressed Benny in a Ralph Lauren button down oxford courtesy of Abuelita. I must admit, I didn't purposely put the shirt on him. I simply rotate his clothes and it was the next shirt in line. When Emma saw him all "gussied up" she asked rather incredulously, "Why is Benny wearing his handsome shirt????"  - as if after we dropped her at school we were off to tea with the Queen and didn't tell her...

Benjamin continues to be a giant pain in my ASS when it comes to meal time. How this kid is growing and thriving on milk and V8 fusion and freaking Eggo Nutra Grain waffles is beyond any mother's comprehension. In a desperate attempt to get him to simply taste a piece of PORTERHOUSE steak the other night (which he used to LOVE if you remember), I literally held his face and shoved a small chunk into his mouth (am I actaully publishing this on the internet??). He took one chew, spit it out at me and yelled, "NOOOOO, MOMMY! MY MOUTH! MY MOUTH!" I wave the white flag...

Ben is more proficient on the iPad2 than I am and I have been a Mac user since 1998. He would spend the day playing on the apps and watching Peep on youtube if we let him... But we do not let him. Really, we don't. But when we don't, all we hear is, "Play 'Day of de Diesal' on iPat, Mommy? Play ABC train on iPat?" etc etc. We love that he calls it the iPat - too cute - but how much technology should a two year old have? Oh, wait, all of our apps are educational and the kid can point out his ABCs and already count to 20... Not to mention draw and color BETTER THAN his older sister, and trace - quite nicely - all his letters. Go Apple.

Saturday morning is my regular "I get to be an adult and interact with adults!" morning. We (Jen and I) hire the awesomest baby sitter to come in for three hours and hang out with the Awesome Foursome.  Ben is always excited to play on Sat mornings, but this past Saturday he was very emotional, and very needy. As I walked to the door, he cried through the biggest "I am going to break my Mama's heart" tears ever, squeaking out, "No, Mommy. No out the door. Come on! Come play!" He kept saying this over and over and it took everything I had to close the door behind me! Of course, the babysitter reported that within 30 seconds he was his usual happy go lucky self... But, knowing that I was once an exaggerating babysitter and knowing Ben as well as I do, I truly belived he cried for at least 45 seconds after I walked out the door with my bleeding heart.

1 comment:

  1. It's fun to see how the kids are growing. I'm jealous of your iPad. Lawrence just couldn't handle it--he would want to play ALL THE TIME and drive me crazy. Maybe in a few years....

    Fun to be back in LA.Did you find another regular/seasonal job VO?

    ReplyDelete