Sunday, December 11, 2011

Like sands through the hourglass...

Wow! A week since I journaled. Bad Mommy!

I do have a semi-excuse. I made a last minute quickie trip to LA to work 3 VO gigs. The best part of the work was not only did I get to see and stay with my b4f, Auntie Colt, I got to see my old Lake Balboa double stroller pushing walking pal, Afton, on the Paramount Lot!!! Hooray! I love that there are certain friends you may not get to see very often, but when you finally get together it is so natural - as if you hang out weekly!

While I was gone, Daddy and our pal Unkaloo (Jen) did an awesome jobs looking after the kiddos. I left around 5am Monday morning. Ben woke up around 7am and Daddy got him into his usual morning routine. He kept saying to Daddy, "Mommy sleeping," assuming because I wasn't getting him through the usual morning fun it must be because I am taking a morning off and sleeping in. I wish!!! Daddy reported that when Ben finally realized I wasn't home and would be gone for a few days, he found my pajamas on the floor, curled up with them wrapping them around his shoulders and sniffing them longingly. How's that for Mama's boy love? : )

I took the nasty red eye home Tues/Wed arriving back in our neighborhood around 9:30 - just enough time to shower, wait for Em to finish school, take her to the dentist, then teach a class Wed night at the office! I was beyond exhausted but it was well worth it.

Dentist, you ask? How'd that go? I'll tell you how that went. Daddy picked her up at 11:35am. She immediately peppered him with her usual, "What are we gonna do today?" question. Daddy said that Mommy was home and was going to take her someplace special. Because she has a mind like an elephant and I happened to mention it 5 days prior, she sadly said, "To the dentist?" She then proceeded to cry hysterically at the top of her lungs, "I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE DENTIST! IT'S TOO SCARY!!!!!!" for the next 90 minutes. When we pulled into the parking lot of the dentist she was beyond exhausted and still crying and cranky. I was at my wit's end and said, "Emma! You gotta get tough! The dentist is our friend! Take a deep breath! and STOP THE MADNESS!" She must have sensed my red eye flight four hours of sleep and about to crackedness because she took that deep breath and pulled herself together and was THE PERFECT EXAMPLE OF A PATIENT EVER letting the hygienist do her job and then letting the Dentist get in there afterwards and scope her out.

Seriously?
Afterwards because she was such an excellent example of the ideal patient, the Dentist let her pick 3 gifts from the toy bin. She (after looking through every last toy - seriously?) chose a pink sand hourglass timer for her, a blue one for Benny, and some dumb annoying whistle that I think has already found it's way into the garbage on "accident." The sand timers are awesome because they are supposed to last the amount of time she should take to brush her teeth. She took it to bed with her Wed night, waking in the middle of the night wildly upset because she couldn't find her "Santa Claus." It took me a good 3 minutes to realize that through her tears she was saying "sand clock". OI!

No comments:

Post a Comment