Thursday, December 1, 2011

medicine

With all our travels in the past few weeks, Ben missed a few speech therapy sessions that we got to make up this week. Emma took the "make up" part literally and was extraordinarily disappointed when Miss Kathy did not show up to the lesson with lipstick, blush and mascara...

The now talking Benjamin is learning the ways of his sassafrass sister. Yesterday as we were leaving the playground, I said, "Let's go buddy. Mommy needs to go home and get dinner started." He didn't miss a beat before replying in full voice with serious attitude, "NOOOOO! We play playground!"

Tonight while I was preparing dinner I was singing a lovely holiday song when the little turkey ran into the kitchen and said, "Mommy. No! Be quiet!" I looked at him in mock horror, which he found super funny and ran down the hall giggling hysterically. I purposely started singing again, he came back to the kitchen, "Mommy, be QUIET!!" Mock horror from me again, giggling Ben again. Repeat for the next 5 minutes while I bread the pork chops and get them in the oven.

These kids make us laugh. A whole lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment