Sunday, September 18, 2016

4th and 2nd

And here we go again!! The 2016-17 school year has begun. The 1st day was a bit rainy here and there but we got a 5 minute dry window as the bus arrived. We are grateful Ms Laura has returned for her third year as our bus driver - she's delightful & patient and we adore her so much. 

BloggerImage
I was trying to get the children to hold up 4 fingers and 2 fingers to indicate their grades, this was the best pic out of 20. Emma-lemma-ding-dong indeed. At least my wingman is still giving me giant smooches and blowing me kisses as the bus pulls away! ❤️
BloggerImage
Two weeks in and I think we are going to have a winner winner chicken dinner year. Em is thrilled to be back in class w her BFF (not since K) - it's actually amazing to know these girls are still BFFs after 4+ years. That's true friendship right there. I really like her teacher, she is tough but has a huge sense of humor which is something Em can relate to. Ben's inclusion class teachers are the perfect mix for him. Daddy & I have already met with them for a quickie 25 minute game planning session. They GET him. They LOVE his quirks as much as we do. And we are confident he will thrive under their tutelage. 

Mommy has dove back into running doing 4 and 5 mile courses. I'm scared to death of the 15k I signed up for in October. 9+ miles of hills. I'm confident I'll finish, but will I finish in the allotted time??? That remains to be seen! ...giggle

No comments:

Post a Comment