Friday, September 26, 2014

Settling into school

We are four weeks deep into the school year. Em is very happy in 2nd grade. Her teacher is awesome - but we already knew that was going to be the case - she has gotten rave reviews every time her name has popped up. She continues to blow through her work and her penmanship is atrocious. If she would just SLOW DOWN all would be right with the world.

Ben is doing great. He has the school's BEST teacher (Em had her, too). This woman wins all kinds of accolades yearly and sets the bar high for future teachers of my kiddos. Daddy and I already had a private conference with her regarding Ben. He really is adjusting nicely - we just wanted to make sure we were on the same page to get him off to a solid start. His "distractability" is lessening, she said he pretty much goes with the flow all day. We are working on his pincer grip (they have an OT specialist come into the classroom a few ties a week to work with ALL the kiddos - how cool is that!). He has learned how to whistle (!) which means we are constantly reminding him that there is a time and place for whistling. :)

He rides the bus in the morning with no problems. I was picking him up after school and walking home (10 min walk), but he wanted to start riding the bus home. That lasted about a week (adds about 30 minutes to his day) and is now requesting I pick him up again because he is bored on the bus ride home.

I have been getting to the gym about 4 times a week which makes me happy! My ankle is holding up nicely on my 45 minuted inclined treadmill work outs. I tried running a bit on the treadmill last week but am afraid to do too much pounding pressure like that for fear of relapse. Plus when I ran many parts of me jiggled that never jiggled before and I didn't like the way that felt so best to just not run and be reminded my body is doughy. :)

Snapped up a too good to be true Groupon for Target portraits - I wanted a newbie of Daddy and I for the office and bribed the kids to take a family pic, too. It poured all day, so I had to go curly (or I would have been a fuzzy mess) - and I am realizing that I need a new haircut. It may be time to chop if off again into a bob...

Still crazy about this guy...

Had to take them for GROSS happy meals afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment