Summer vacation has come to an end. Ben is now in full day Kindergarten and Em is in 2nd grade. Before I get into those stories...
BEN CAN READ! Okay, so maybe he has the book memorized - but, I gotta tell ya, I was pretty freaked out because I have only read this book to the kid two or three times and he has it memorized (it's NOT an easy reader...) - which leads me to believe Daddy or Gramma Lou have read it multiple times or the kid is a genius!
 |
| Geez, Ma, give me some credit - I'm a GENIUS! |
We sadly forgot Em's white noise machine behind at Gramma's house last month. Gramma kept it for herself and ordered Em a new one. It came with this eye mask. She has slept in it for three weeks straight. I may have a princess and the pea on our hands!
 |
| I'm pure perfection, Mother. |
Our school did a practice bus run for the Kindergarteners the Thurs before school started. Ben was super nervous and very quiet while waiting for the bus. "I'm just nervous I'm gonna be shy, mom." as tears welled up in his eyes. Luckily, one parent got to ride the practice bus run with him - me! - and when we got home he was all, "I DID IT!!!!!" and seriously, I think it made him so at ease getting on the bus the first day of school. I'm very grateful for that experience!!
 |
| Nervous kid, sleepy mommy. |
Daddy bought some fishing poles and guess what... we are now fishers! Every other meal is fish and we are loving it. Mostly Porgys, but occasionally a snapper. Apparently Blackfish are right around the corner.
 |
| School schmool. This is how we rock homework! |
A dinner example:
 |
| YUMMMMM. |
We partied heartily Labor Day weekend counting down to the first day of school. We beached and beached:
 |
| Em is the passenger... |
Pooled and BBQd
 |
| He is requesting playdates with this family daily! |
This was Ben three nights in a row in random homes:
 |
| I'm tired. I think I'll just go to....snooooooore. |
But it was all worth it because Tuesday brought us the: "Dun dun dunnnnn" 1st day of school!
 |
| Getting our wiggles out at the bus stop with our neighbors! |
Take the picture already!
 |
| Thank you for not making me hold up a sign saying what milestone this is. :) |
My shirt label has all my info! Two bad I ripped it off two seconds later and crumpled it up!
 |
| Ben who? Bus what? Teacher who? Don't you worry - the force is strong in this one. |
This kid on the other hand knows the drill:
 |
| Fake smile / pose number 127. I'm a 2nd grader now! |
The bus is here!! The bus is here! I got a fat smooch and on he went all smiles! Yahoo! I then hit the gym, got my hair colored, did a meditation class at the library, power napped for 20 min, prepped for my class to teach that evening and then picked him up at dismissal... to be continued.
 |
| Hey, Mom, just who will you now be? |
No comments:
Post a Comment