Thursday, July 3, 2014

Summertime is here

Busy busy busy! So much for Summer "vacation"! 

Good news:
I have finally learned to pump! Mommy is HAPPY!
More good news:
The Summer BBQs with our pals have started!
Our preK graduate. We are so proud! Next stop Kindergarten with our FAVORITE teacher, Mrs. Shannon.
Graduation ceremony with out camera shy guy.
Last day of school! I'm outta here!
Last bus stop crew pic of the school year. Em on the left.
It's Summer. I'm bored. What to do? NERF GUNS! Thanks, Henry!
Oh, and build build build with Legos. Mommy's going to need to win the lottery - $9.95 a pop! Zoinks.
Old friends with kids the same age visit us on the island.
Yes, Ben immediately dropped to the ground and rolled down this hill 10 times in a row.
Can we have lunch here?
You are hurting my ears!

Ben's preK graduation was cute. He was very embarrassed / shy singing from the stage and his defense mechanism is to act super silly and blow raspberries and wiggle a lot. He did a great job when it was his turn to announce what his favorite preK moment was, "My favorite preK moment was playing with the school toys!"

Daddy and I were at our annual convention the last week of school. Gramma Lou swooped in once again to save the day. She made a great taxi driver as the kids had activity after activity after activity that week. I am hoping we didn't exhaust her to much because we need her back in January! :)

The kids started swim lessons at the beach this week. It was been very windy and the water is rough, but these kids have turned into FISH and are doing a great job in the water. Ben has discovered swimming under water and does not want anything to do with the fundamentals - I just wanna swim my way, Mom! But he powers through the 30 minute lesson knowing he gets to stay afterwards and swim his way. I know he is learning / listening because he tells me what they did after the lessons - typical Ben (seems like he is not paying attention but he hears everything).

One of my best friends from my Japan years was on the island this week so we got together at a beautiful museum out in the Hamptons to introduce our kids to each other. It was a short visit as we had to rush back for swim lessons, but is was great to see him after all these years and I love that our kids became instant friends. Em and Fin are going to start being pen pals - it is time for this kid to put pen to paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment