Wednesday, October 16, 2013

October goodness

Since we last chatted, this mama has been on the go. I hit up my favorite B&B solo for about 21 hours in LA last Thurs before jetting off (and by "jetting" I mean cattle-calling with the good passengers of SWA) to Phoenix for a leadership retreat (and by "retreat" I mean BOOTCAMP!) with my hubby. Gramma Lou to the rescue, once again, tending ever so lovingly to the needs of Batter 1 and Batter 2, not to mention the furry Batter who is potentially experiencing his last year here on good 'ole Earth. (I would tell you more, but this blog is dedicated to my human children. If you want to know more about the furry Batter, click on Dodoisanass.com - fyi, not a real website - just the website I text my husband when the furry Batter does ass-like things like pee on the carpet or get into the trash or chew on the door framing or... holy crap, somebody remind me this is the Batter human sight QUICK!)

Emsadoodle continues to wow us daily. She is such a beautiful work in progress. Case in point, Monday was a school holiday and we were blessed with gorgeous Autumn weather. The kids were outside for HOURS! (Seriously, HOURS!) At one point in the late afternoon, Ben in his innocence came upstairs and nonchalantly mentioned that our neighbor girl, Anna, was playing outside, too, but she went home because Emma and Vivian were teasing her. I didn't like the sound of that much, but I gave Em the benefit of the doubt and went outside. I innocently said, "Hey girls, I thought I heard Anna's voice, too. Was she playing with you?" Emma, without hesitation (phew) said, "She was here, but she went home... We were kinda teasing her and she didn't like it." I asked her if she thought that was a good choice or a bad choice. She admitted bad choice and I suggested we go over to Anna's and apologize because she wouldn't like it much if a friend was teasing her. It took a good 20 minutes of cajoling (I'm too shy. I'm so embarrassed!), and ultimately Daddy had to step in with stronger verbal encouragement, but she finally knocked on Anna's door and said, "I'm sorry." It was possibly the hardest things she ever had to do! But I believe she has learned... we will see.

Whilst Gramma Lou was kidsitting, Ems continued to hone her skill on the Rainbow loom. Youtube instructional videos are our best friends. (Seriously, I changed the cabin filter on my minivan for $12 vs $90 the oil change place wanted - giggle!) Below is an awesome example of her mad skills:
I'm taking requests!
Gramma also got to be the Fall Book Fair shopper helper while we were gone. Ben is now less Angry Bird and more Lego "name your theme of the week" obsessed - although he dreams in mish-mash. (He wakes up every morning and tells me his dreams. They are a mash up of Angry Birds Start Wars and Lego Chima...) He builds to the theme of the week, too, and we couldn't be prouder of his creations.
How freakin' cute am I? Remember this pic 6 pics from now...
This is the awesomeness that was our Bootcamp in Phoenix. Work hard, play hard, my dear readers.
Did I mention the 5 star pillows? I need to find out where these resorts buy their pillows...
Whilst we were gone - two spectacular things happened. Emma conquered the Monkey Bars. Then Ben said, "I can do that!" And conquered the Monkey Bars!!! Holy crap!
Evidence!!!
Abuelita went above and beyond in her Halloween costume purchasing this year. Em is full on Merida - dress, wig, bow and arrow. She has worn it every possible moment (read: not at school) since receiving it. Our office, our minivan, our stairwell, our LIFE is currently covered in glitter from the dress (which, according to Emma, has a REAL diamond pendant!). Ben will be an Angry Bird - I have yet to capture a good pic of him in costume, but I am confident if it means getting candy, he will wear it.
I can totally pull of this RED HEAD thing!
Speaking of monkey bars, today when I picked Ben up from school he busted out the doors his usual happy self. We walked to the car chatting happily away about his afternoon. We buckled him in and drove away and at about half way home he bursts into tears. It completely took me by surprise and I was all what's up buddy? He went on to tell me he was on the monkey bars at school and fell off and hurt his chin and the "good guys" didn't come and help him. He asked if I could stay with him at school so next time he hurt himself I could be the "good guy" and hug him if he got hurt. *HolyHeartBreakILoveThisKid!*
Nuttin' a piece of ice can't cure... Ben, I'll still be your good guy!
School pictures came home in the backpacks today. The following are crappy cell phone shots of the pics. Aren't the Batter kids cute?
I'm in 1st grade and I'm cute.
WAIT FOR IT...
I'm in preK and I HAVE TO POOP? (Can you say, "Reshoot?") Or is it awesomely ridiculously PERFECTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment