Now that the kids are back in school, I am supposed to have some free time to catch up on my journaling. Nope! I've learned there will always be something to do! Need to plan out my day better...
One of the reasons I am behind is I got to go to LA for work last week for 2 full days. (I'm usually in and out in 1 day!) The best part about my visits there is that I get to stay with my favorite peeps and see baby Rylan grow!
 |
| Why yes, I'll take a bite of Ryry cheeks, please! |
The first week of school went well. Both kids are happy to get out the door and have had good days upon returning home. Phew! Ben did say to me yesterday (2nd week of school) at 12:15 (we head out at 12:25), "Mom, can I sit on your lap and snuggle?" Sure, buddy! (I'll never turn down a Ben snuggle.) He climbed on my lap and we got all cozy, then he said, "Mom, can I stay here all day?" No, bud, you've got to go to school in 10 minutes. "That's okay, Mom, I don't need to go. I'll just stay here with you." Super sweet!! When the time came, he was happy to put on his sneakers and go - no worries. :)
While I was in LA, Daddy signed up the kiddos for our village rec program flag football. I was all for him signing Emma up, but I was worried it may be a waste of money signing Ben up. Daddy vetoed my fear of him not being interested and signed them both up. Guess what? He had a blast.
 |
| Mom, you have to stop coddling me. I'M FINE. |
We have also spent hours (SERIOUSLY, HOURS) helping Emma with her new rainbow loom rubberband craft maker thingy. There is a reason the box says 8+ on it. Younger kids can build the designs on the pegs, but you need to be at least 35+ to "weave" the bands without snapping them, or accidently letting go of one and ruining the whole damn craft you just spent the last 60 minutes of your life trying to "help" your impatient kid make.
 |
| Daddy barely qualifies for the weaving part... |
The results sure do make her happy though:
 |
| Cheese! |
Autumn weather is here. Average temps are 65-75. It has been fabulous for outdoor play. Hooray! (Newsflash: Rocketship park will be getting a face lift this spring. All new toys and no more sand! Can I get a "whoop whoop"?)
 |
| I'm Queen of the World! |
We like to wander the streets of our village looking in the windows. Apparently, we also like hanging out in empty phone booths.
 |
| Eyesore! Minus the cute kids... |
Last night I was cozied up on the couch and looked around the room and laughed. How many Ben structures can you see in this pic? What movie were we watching? How cluttered in our under tv space? Don't Daddy's knees look cute?
 |
| Answers: 5 Ben structures, Nightmare before Christmas, Very, Yes. |
No comments:
Post a Comment