You guessed it, folks, the 1st day of school has arrived! As a kid I remember school shopping and picking out the perfect first day of school outfit... I don't think I ever sparkled and shined quite like this kid, but, WOW - isn't she fit for a jazz performance?? Love this girl...even though she tossed and turned in bed until close to 10pm last night whining that she was going to "miss me and Daddy and Dodo (the dumb dog!) sooooooooo much now!" now that she was going back to school. Oi! She woke up at 7:30am very cranky, and it took every ounce of patience I had to get her dressed, fed and out the door to the bus. As per usual, some kind of magic spell is cast (or uncast) upon her as she passes the threshold of our door - she became super pleasant and nice and excited as we waited with our pals for the bus! (I will have her up at 7:30am and out the door at 7:31am tomorrow and waiting an hour for the bus if that is what it takes to have our happy go lucky Emma...)
 |
| Why, yes, I did choose these clothes. I am SIX, you know. |
On the first day of school last year, it was just Em climbing aboard the yellow bus... What a marvelous difference a year makes. We have four new families in our happy culdesac and it certainly makes the bus stop more entertaining!
 |
| Janey snuck into the pic but looks as though she fits right in! |
The bus was 15 minutes late - I found out tonight at the PTA meeting that we have a new bus company this year and the drivers JUST got their routes last week. Needless to say we had lots of late buses to school today, but who is counting...
But lookie here. What do we have? Benjiboogleheimer with a name tag? Could it be? Is he going to school, too?? Why, yes, he is! PreK! And we are so proud of this little stud muffin.
 |
| I'm 4 1/2. Aren't I cute? |
Daddy switched his schedule so he could go with me to take Ben to afternoon PreK. He starts at 12:40 and ends at 3:25. He will be in the class with 4 of his preschool pals so basically it was a breeze for him to transition - not that we were worried, this kid loves making "new friends".
 |
| Ben and his pal, Sam. Seriously? DEEELICIOUS, I say. |
 |
| I snapped this award winning (ala -"I will show this at your wedding" pic of Sammy) pic and needed to record it here on the internet for all posterity. |
Ben was so awesome. He was saying "HI!" to all the kids and when the teachers opened the door, he was first in line to head inside. He has Mrs Giglio - the same PreK teacher as Em. We adore her and know Ben will thrive in her care...
 |
| I'm a big boy now. |
I'm including this next pic out of sequence just to show you how quirky this kid is: Seriously, socks pulled to the knee caps in one pic, squished down in the next. He cannot decide...
 |
| But I had an AWESOME afternoon, Mom, who cares how many times I manipulated my socks! |
No comments:
Post a Comment