Friday, June 14, 2013

Zombie Boy

So, I'm tired. Really tired. I love me some sleep - good solid 6-8 uninterrupted hours...

I haven't been getting that. (And I shouldn't complain... it's only been a month or so, I have pals going on 6 years of interrupted sleep...)

So, let me start again:

Dear Ben, Hey buddy, so whatsahappenin'? You used to be the go to bed at 7pm, fall asleep within 3 minutes of your head hitting the pillow and sleep straight through until 6am kind of guy! Why, at age 4 years and 5 months would you want to revert to newborn phase - yes, buddy, you are up and demanding my attention every 2 hours!

Last night you scared the crap out of me. It was 3 am and I rolled over and your face was there - right there! and I screamed! I screamed loud! You might as well have been saying, "Braaaaaaiiiins. Braaaiiiins!" with the way you were staring at me. After my scream, you climbed right into my arms and said ever so sweetly, "Don't be scared, Mom, it's just me." You snuggled in so wonderfully until my thumping heart beat slowed itself and we both fell back asleep for an hour or two...

Zombie Ben. Don't chew me up tonight. Sleep well my sweet prince, so I can, too. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment