Sunday, June 9, 2013

June bloom

Back in LA,  June was cloudy and grey and gloomy for the entire month. Then July hit, the clouds burned off and it was 100˚. We don't get the 100˚ temps, but the humidity makes it feel about that some days and last week was rain rain rain, so it was a bit gloomy - but Mother Nature was working with us once again and gave us a bright and sunshiny weekend!

We still hang out with our pals pictured below a couple times a week. They are in a different school district though and we are now making separate friends so we don't hang out nearly as much as we used to. Funny how that works. George (on the right) is going through an "I hate girls" phase, too, so he isn't much fun for Emma to play with anymore. I love this pic of them cozy on the backyard swing last Tues evening.
Ben, are you picking your nose??
We've been enjoying the private village beach more and more. This pic was snapped yesterday. Guess what I did while the kids were playing so very well together? I READ A WHOLE CHAPTER OF A BOOK!!! My babies are growing up...
Like my framing? I couldn't see the lens at all because it was so bright! Total guess shot hoping to get both kids in frame.
Em has been nonstop bugging us to play with the pencil blasters since she played with them at her girlfriend's house last week. It was sunny and warm this morning so I shooed everyone out of the house and the blasting began. Daddy was the target of favor today!
Why is Mommy still dry?
Our village celebrated 50 years of incorporation today with a picnic at the waterfront. There was a live 60s band, games, face painting (Em got a flower, Ben got a Bad Piggie), and free cotton candy. Em ate hers in about 12 seconds, Ben had one nibble and was like, "No, Fanks." I took a bite of his and spit it out. Man, that stuff is sweet! How the heck did I eat an entire bag of it at the fair every summer? Nasty!
Can I have seconds? NO. Can I eat Ben's? NO! Can we go get ice cream now? YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment