Short and SWEET story:
I was at a playdate today with about 8 parents and 14 kids. It was a beautiful Autumn day and we had an absolute blast running amok.
The best part of the day was me walking in on pure innocence / love of a 4 year old's FUN:
I wandered into the kitchen to find Em and her best bud, George, laughing hysterically in the hallway by the half bathroom. "What's going on over here?" I happily inquire? What I see / find is this: another 4 year old pal had just taken a poop on the potty. He was standing outside the bathroom door with his pants around his ankles trying unsuccessfully to wipe his butt. Finding his failure funny, he had turned to George and Emma bent over, grabbed his butt cheeks and was making them 'talk' a la Jim Carrey saying, "Hi! I just took a poop. I should wipe!" over and over.
I'm not sure how I did it, but I contained myself from falling into a heap of laughter on the floor of the kitchen, somehow found the parent of the kid in need of a wipe, and wrangled George and Emma out into the yard changing the subject quickly.
Life is good, my friends. And POOP will ALWAYS be funny to me.
YOu have to find humor in poop once you are a parent cause you sure deal with it a lot.
ReplyDelete