Thursday, September 8, 2011

Back to school fun.

Tuesday morning Emma started her preK adventure, from 8:50-11:30am five days a week. That means 6 days a week I now set my alarm (I work Saturday mornings). For 4 years now I have had the privilege of sleeping until my kids wake me. Sometimes that meant 6am, but sometimes it meant 8:45am. There was no rhyme or reason to it but setting an alarm was rare and it was kinda nice - I didn't really realize how lucky I was! This week my alarm has gone off for three days in a row at 7:15am. Now, 7:15 is actually a pleasant time to wake. The sun is out, the birds are chirping (if it isn't raining). 7:15 really isn't all that early compared to many parent friends of mine whose kids are starting school at 7:15 am (!!). I don't know why I am even writing about it. But I guess it fascinates me that Emma has grown up so fast - FOUR years has flown by since I was a "working" mom (I still work - we simply now own our business and I don't have to punch a time clock!). I digress, FOUR years has flown by - that is what being a parent does to you. It speeds up time.

So far, Em 'seems' to be doing great in school. She 'seems' to like it. Why "seem"? Well, she doesn't talk about it much. I try to get her to tell me about her morning and she brushes me off with one word replies. I asked a few of the other parents what their kids are telling them and they say the same! It's like our kids joined some secret club and aren't aloud to talk about it - "What happens in preK stays in preK!"

Before and After

No comments:

Post a Comment