The ride was our fastest yet, 3 hours and 15 minutes, and the kids were great. The only time Emma needed to pee was in the middle of a long stretch of forests (of course) with no exit / rest areas for miles so I pulled to the side of the highway, popped her out and she peed in the grass once again getting a big kick out of "peeing like a dog."
We partied up at Grandpa's pool on Sunday. It was a beautiful day, a little hot, but that is where the whole pool thing comes in handy. Grandpa even got in on the action. That's right, Aunt Miki, Grandpa went swimming!! (Hell was very cold that day...) We had a yummy BBQ, swam, sang Happy Birthday to my now 4 year old and opened presents. For every single present Em unwrapped she would say, "Oh, my!" It was too freaking cute and I think I have it on video somewhere, I just need to find it.
![]() | |
| Rapunzal cupcakes - frosting, yum! |
![]() |
| Benny got a book, Emma got a bike! |
![]() |
| Swim time! |
We spent all of Monday, her real birthday, packing up the POD for Gramma Lou's move. The cousins were here to entertain the little guys so Gram and I could go crazy. We got the attic, the two upstairs bedrooms, and most of the basement sorted into lawn sale / trash / packed into the pod. My muscles are sore, but the stair climbing is done - now just the main floor (Living Room, master bedroom, kitchen) to go today! I felt like the little engine who could yesterday. I had my iphone in my pocket the entire day just playing music and every time I wanted to stop I would just sing whatever was playing and keep on trucking. We were pretty proud of ourselves by 3:30, tossed our bathing suits on and crashed her neighbor's pool for a cool down / relax. Dinner was leftovers but they tasted delicious and I don't think I remember falling asleep...



It's so fun to be close the the grandparents for birthday's. I didn't think there would be so many pools in the East Coast. I'm sure the humidity makes it a huge desire.
ReplyDeleteIs your mom moving closer to you guys?