Sunday, May 2, 2010

Polar opposites daily

When I was a kid the only jam my Dad would let my Mom buy was grape. I never understood it. Why couldn't we buy grape, and buy strawberry - my favorite - too? The other day at the supermarket I realized that I have become my father. Except I only buy strawberry jam. But, I will make the promise here for all in internetland to read, although I am known for my thriftiness, the day Emma requests a different jam, I will spend the $2.50 for a second jar for her!

Sometimes I think Emma is bipolar because her moods switch on a dime, then I remind myself that she is only 2 years and 9 going on 10 months. This morning was a great example of this. She woke up genuinely happy at the same time as Ben. She burst into tears and was a crying miserable wreck for the next 90 minutes because I got Ben out of his crib before I acknowledged that she was up and wanted to get up, too (keep in mind she sleeps in a full sized bed and can get up and out of bed freely...). She fussed and whined and cried and whimpered and moaned until about 10 minutes before we left the house to go to church. Then all of a sudden, she was happy and pleasant and helped me put on her pretty dress and shoes and chatted away as we drove in the car. This will all change the day she turns 3, right? No more terrible 2s?

During one of our wrestling matches yesterday I noticed Benny has both lower front molars coming in along with those slow growing eye teeth. He has been taking 3 hour naps every day for about 10 days now - I am guessing these are part of his growth spurt.

Did I mention we cut Emma's hair? We plopped her in front of Sleeping Beauty and bribed her to sit still with chocolate and had at it. It looks pretty good considering my scissors are duller than dull! I would put up a picture but she refuses to sit still long enough for me to take one.

No comments:

Post a Comment