We are in full celebration mode this week for Ben's 6th birthday. He was counting the days by x-ing them off his calendar every night. It was super cute! As his special day fell mid-week, we decided to hold off and have his party (it's the first year he has wanted a bigger one) on the weekend.
Tuesday night after the kids fell asleep, I busted out the balloons and crafts and started decorating. I'm telling ya, people, don't waste money on decorations - balloons hanging EVERYWHERE make your house so very festive. I got a bag of 40 for $4 at Walmart and started puffing!
 |
| Ignore the messy kitchen in the background!!! |
I cooked up this chocolate cake with chocolate frosting from my favorite recipe of heavy cream and chocolate chips. DE-licious.
 |
| No store bought for this family!! |
For the first time ever, Emma woke up before Ben (she knew we were going to celebrate before school) and ran in and jumped on him to wake him up. He came out into the dining room all smiles at the cake and the decorations all for HIM!
 |
| I might be a "little" happy! |
It's amazing how well they get along when there is chocolate cake for breakfast!
 |
| We LOVE each other. |
We sent them off to school all sugared up and Ben had a great day. He got to be the line leader and dance around the halls all day sporting this awesome hat! Daddy and I showed up to school at 2:45 to read the class a book (Ben chose the "Scrambled States of America" game book and eat ice pops. We had a blast with the kids and Mrs. Shannon, his teacher, is simply a superstar.
 |
| I'm 6! |
As daddy was in the field helping a family Wed night, I took the kids back to the school for "family swim" evening. It was the first time in the water for Ben since Costa Rica but he jumped right in and all his mad swimming skills came back quickly.
 |
| I'm still a fish! |
The kids helped me choose the party games for his party with all the boys in his class. Em was a great helper in setting up the house.
 |
| Picasso painting the headless lego guy. |
The final product after all 12 boys had a turn. Hahahahaha!
 |
| Awesomeness. |
We played a bunch of party games, had some pizza and cupcakes. Ben was so happy being the center of attention.
No comments:
Post a Comment