Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas 2014

The Batter family has a tradition of seafood on Christmas eve - we Bunch are happy to continue on with the tradition. Daddy made a ridiculously yummy seafood stew - seriously, I scored a keeper for his culinary skills alone!
Some snapper? Yes, please!
We watched "Santa Clause is coming to Town" for the 30th time this season (no freakin' joke - I can quote the movie from start to finish and so can the children...) and then continued with the Eimers family tradition of unwrapping 1 gift on Christmas Eve. Emma chose the biggest present under the tree and Ben went the conservative route - go figure!
Seriously, hurry up and take the picture!!!
Why yes, that is a $25 dollar stuffed animal (*sigh*) but it is all she talked about for months! Ben got a card game about the United States which we promptly opened up and played. As the game is for 8 and up, it required some manipulation of the rules for Ben to understand, which lead to tension for about 3 minutes between Mom and Dad, but in the spirit of Christmas, Dad zipped it and chose to follow Mom's rules which is really a good life lesson in general (what? I'm OLDER, I have more experience!!).
"Best Christmas Eve ever!" exclaimed Ben.
The kids went to bed around 9 with limited resistance. Abuelita worked her charms and told them stories until they fell asleep. Santa arrived promptly after and Mommy was in bed by 10:30. Unfortunately Mommy and Daddy did not sleep well, I'm not sure if we were waiting to hear a kid sneaking into the living room, or the seafood soup was swimming in my belly, but the kids woke us up at 7:30am and I am feeling sleep deprived! They ran out into the living room and did NOT wait for me and started tearing into their gifts from Santa. This is the only morning madness shot I got and it's all blurry. :)
Ben = star wars lego, Em = walkie talkies
Santa and Abuelita were very generous and that is just Christmas #1. We still have Christmas #2 and #3 on Sat and Sun in PA! Ben received black dress shoes from Abuelita along with a nice outfit. I was VERY surprised when he put the shoes on and wore them all morning with his pajamas. Our creature of habit kid (he wears the same sneakers EVERY DAY) is growing up!
I'm styling!
Ben did not hesitate to dive into lego project #1.
No time for smiles! Build! Build! Build!
He also LOVED the Magformers - hint hint (birthday coming soon) - and has been building non-stop all day.
Don't let this pic fool you - I'M HAPPY!
Emma did not hesitate to dive into her crafts (of course, with her beanie boos watching). She has already completed this cupcake pillow and has moved onto the rainbow pillow.
Why, yes, I was just crying - but we won't talk about that!
Look at sleepy Mommy. I can sleep in 2015, right???
love me this bunch...

No comments:

Post a Comment