Abuelita needed to go out of town on business for 5 days, so the kiddos and I volunteered to go to Florida and Grandpop-sit while she is away. It has been exactly 82 degrees every day - or at least that is what the car thermometer tells me when we get in the car (it may be broken... not even 81 or 83, every single time it says 82!) sunny and warm and - surprisingly - humid! I thought the FL humidity went away in Winter! We are apparently missing the first snowfall of the season back in NY - no complaints here!
They did good on the direct flight here, 2 hours and 40 minutes. Thankfully Ben did not FREAK OUT like he has been on take off. I tried to distract him with the pot holder loom...
As we can't wander too far from the house here in FL, we have been doing A LOT of the following:
 |
| Ben does the first layer, Em does the weaving, I do the edges. Teamwork, I tell ya! |
 |
| Watercolor painting in those oversized books, markers, too. No crayons though. Why do my kids hate crayons? |
 |
| 90 minutes at the park every morning while the nurse is getting Grandpop out of bed. Fresh air time! |
 |
| Em has been playing the piano every day and a lot of ballet practice. |
 |
| Ben's is more of an Interpretive Dance... |
 |
| They sleep sideways in a King Size bed. Once again, I have NO ROOM TO SLEEP. |
 |
| Writing music! Complete with Pianissimo and Fortissimos!! LOVE it! |
 |
| Oh, yeah, and LOTS of technology. No choice, really. *sigh* |
No comments:
Post a Comment