Benjamin has never seen St*r Wars. He has no idea who Yoda is... Yet, our little man is a Jedi in training.
Get this. Whenever we catch him doing something he probably shouldn't be doing, he tries the 'ole Jedi mind trick on us.
For example, this morning I heard him rustling around in his bedroom. As I didn't want him to wake Emma, I quickly opened his door with the intention of quietly shooing him out of the room and into the living room.
What I found upon opening the door was a naked boy! I instantly assumed he must have wet the bed (I was right - we got in late last night, he slept late... it happens so rarely one cannot be aggravated). He looked at me and without hesitation in order to change the inevitable subject said, "Look, Mommy! I took my pajamas off all by myself! I'm gonna put on new pajamas!" He was so sweet and enthusiastic I couldn't help but laugh and he did not get into trouble (not that he would have).
But the point is, he does this ALL THE TIME (especially when he knows he is about to get into trouble). Sadly, all too often his dang Jedi powers work on us! I don't know if it is the quick wit combined with the incredible enthusiasm, but one cannot stay angry at Ben for more than 3 seconds.
Surely this is a skill that will be developed in him with all his successes. Little does he know his Mama and Daddy perfected it as children, too, and will only allow its use in mild behavioral transgressions. But, dear Ben, there will be many an adult/teacher at your school who will be unaware of your skill. Wield your power to do good, my son.
No comments:
Post a Comment