Thursday, August 30, 2012

Full moon blues

Today, I forgive you. I don't know why you had to act like you did (and it's only 4:07pm) but I am officially calling this day finished, we are starting anew as soon as I finish this post and we are going to finish on a high - I just know it. And tomorrow you are going to try harder to be better, deal? Deal!

And stop blaming it on the full moon! Naughty Today!

At 8:52 this morning we were all chilling on the couch enjoying our last lazy Thursday morning before school starts next Tuesday when all of the sudden Daddy looked at me and inquired, "Wait! Isn't today the practice bus run for the Kindergarteners?" AAAAAACK! Quick, Emma, throw some clothes on! Get your shoes on! Don't worry about brushing your hair! Race to the bus stop!

Then, wait and wait and wait and wait and wait, and Mommy calls the bus transportation people because bus F has gone by twice but Mini A (Em's bus) is nowhere to be seen...

9:32, they acknowledge the mistake and resend the bus to get her (and one parent) to ride out the route so she knows what to expect. (GREAT IDEA! Bad execution for poor Emma today. Full moon and all.)

9:44, still no bus. Mommy calls the transport people again. They promise he is on our street and will be there in one minute.

9:56 Emma is bawling and there is still no bus.

(FYI In an effort to save money, the school eliminated one bus route this year. Em is now on a weird overflow bus that holds just 7 kids - yep, a short bus... When we look at the stops this bus makes, IT IS TRULY THE MOST CONVOLUTED ROUTE A POOR DRIVER HAS EVER HAD TO RUN IN A 15 MINUTE TIME PERIOD. Meanwhile, our pals up the street happily had their trial run on Bus F.)

10:00am, after three calls to the bus transpo peeps and tons of apologies on their part and promises that this WILL NOT happen on Tuesday, we abandon the whole "Em gets to practice her school bus run" and hit BJs because our fridge is empty...

A membership warehouse store with two rambunctious kids. Do I need to say more?

Home for lunch. Pancakes! Yep, it is that kind of day...

I then turn on the electronic babysitter because I need a power nap. Ben is not interested in the current programming and decides to play "toss the doll around" and by toss I mean throw and power napping on the couch Mama gets wailed square in the face with a thick skulled dolly.

Serenity Now.

Then, because it truly is a beautiful Summer day with NO HUMIDITY, we go outside to play with our neighbor pals and ride bikes and enjoy the air. Of course, Dodo is with us, becuase if he hears us outside and he is stuck inside, he trashes the place...

3:45pm, Dodo, on a very short leash held by me, decides to wiggle waggle his tail at our maintenance guy as if to say, hey I like you, come pet me, and when said maintenance - who LOVES dogs - comes over, Dodo bites him. Fun over. Inside we go.

I should just delete this post... 

No comments:

Post a Comment