My journaling seems to always fall off this time of year. It's not that nothing exciting is happening - it's that too much exciting is happening and I don't have time to write about it. Which saddens me because if I don't write about it, I will forget about it!! I love looking back over my blog books and seeing how my children have grown - and how I have grown as a parent, too!
I got the best text from Daddy on Monday when he was playing Mr Mom. They had stopped at a local pizzeria and picked up a pie for dinner. Emma kept calling it the "pizza store" and Daddy kept trying to correct her and teach her a new word. Finally Emma decided that it should be a combo of both and that it would from now on be called a "pizzaSTORia" (with the emphasis on the 'stor' syllable).
She is also is Dr Emma mode keeping a good eye on her snot nosed brother. "Hey Mom, Benny's got something yucky on his face." - referring to a giant booger that landed on his cheek during a good old wipe my nose on my sleeve swipe. Awesome.
Daddy has taken to making up his own stories at night time instead of reading the books we have for the 842nd time (hint hint, Santa Claus!). The other day he was telling our children as they were lying in bed this awesome continuous story about a little blond girl who travels places on a big red boat. This particular day she landed on an island filled with monkeys. All of a sudden Ben, completely unprovoked, added his own sound effects going, "Oo oo, ah ah ah!" which reminds me once again a) how freaken cute this kid is, b) how smart he is, and c) that he is not deaf, he is just a man with selective hearing.
Emma continues to thrive at preschool. When we picked her up the other day her teacher told us that whenever she asks a kid in the class who is their best friend, they all say, "Emma B!" How sweet is that?
No comments:
Post a Comment